Business with 20 lakh turnover or interstate trade is required to obtain GST Registration, It takes around 2-6 working days within which GST registration is confirmed by the GSTIN, however temporary number is generated instantly.
Under the new tax regime of Goods and Services Tax, all persons involved in the supply of goods or services are required to obtain registration of GST. Those who are not registered under GST shall not be allowed to collect GST from customers or claim input tax credit (ITC) on inward supply. GST Council has prescribed 20 Lakhs of turnover to be the threshold limit for registration under GST. However, for northeastern states, it is 10 Lakhs. The registration must be applied within 30 days of reaching the threshold limit. For GST, the term Aggregate Turnover means all supplies made by the taxable person whether on his own or behalf of a principal. However, in case of registered job worker, the turnover of supplies under job work won’t be included in his turnover. Registration is though online but is very tricky and should be done by professionals only.
Do I need GST Registration Check Eligibility
Turnover Exceeds 20/10 Lakh
If the aggregate turnover is more than 20 lakh (Rs. 10 lakh for North Eastern States) then GST registration is necessary and must be obtained within 30 days of reaching to that level.
Inter-state Sales or Service
If you are engaged in the supply of goods or services to customers in another state then regardless of turnover, you need to obtain the registration before commencing any interstate trade.
It is compulsory irrespective of the turnover, for casual taxable person, or those need to pay tax on RCM, Non-Resident taxable person, Input Service Distributor, E-commerce Operator, etc.
If Registered Under Old Law
A person who was registered under any previous law of indirect tax was required to migrate to GST, however if failed then immediately get yourself registered under GST.
Documentation of the GST Registration
GST Registration is a PAN based registration which is done online and for one PAN multiple GST registration can be obtained based on the location or business vertical. The registration must be applied within 30 days of, the coverage and to apply the same soft copy of documents are required. Following is the list of documents required for GST registration in India.
Documents of GST Registration of Company
- The Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies
- Board Resolution
- Bank Details of Company and KYC of its directors and the digital signature is required.
- List of Documents and Formats
Document for GST Registration of LLP / Partnership
- Firm Registration Certificate
- Firm Agreement
- The address proof and Bank details of the firm and KYC documents of all the designated partners of the LLP or all partners of the firm plus the digital signature.
- List of Documents and Formats
Document for GST Registration of Proprietorship / Individual
- Obtaining the GST registration is easier.
- There is no need to get the digital signature
- Registration can be done based on Aadhar based OTP.
- Essential KYC documents are required
GST Registration Process
- Documentation The documents required depends on the applicant type, the first step is to arrange the documents required for GST Registration.
- Application At GSTIN The applicant is registered on GST Portal for submission of the application, for this purpose OTP is sent on the phone and email.
- ARN Generation ARN is generated after submission of application on the GST Portal with all information and required documents
- GST Registration After generation of ARN, the certificate of GST registration is issued by the GSTIN and GST Number is allotted in approx a week time.